Saturday, May 28, 2011

First Workshop


Well... first NON friend workshop. I already threw a party with a friend of mine for Stampin' Up and Arbonne together. But as we both were showcasing different things, I didn't wind up doing a workshop for times sake. Also- it showed me that I SUCK at just demoing things if I don't have something to make. SO workshops it is in the future.
So I had a non-friend wanting to host a workshop (a person I have never met before), so hopefully this networking will work out and I'll get more non-friends as customers and then they will become friends :) I do love the social aspect of being a SU! demonstrator. I can see why they want to focus on workshops and classes- get to give people a hands on experience while being friendly and social. AND (this is just me) but I lure them in with some Brandie-cupcakes ;) give me a chance to bake (which I LOVE!) and then I can get rid of them instead of keeping them here. Temping me....
ANYWAYS! I placed an order and got the stuff in time for the party- I used my color coach to find the color combination and this one just SCREAMED summer fun. Then, of course, using my On Your Birthday and Flight of the Butterfly stamp set (the ones that came with my kit- def. need to save up for more stamps! lol) but these are very versatile so they worked well :) and who doesn't need a birthday card everytime they turn around?

The first card used panels for color contrast- plus it gave me an excuse to use my versamark ink which I never used before and have to admit, am abit addicted to. I got to showcase the rock and roll technique (again- how have I NOT heard about it before becoming a demo?)
The second card I tried something different. I punched 2 butteflies on tempting turquoise and then used it as a window over the Daffodil delight and then used my Stamp a Majig to stamp an image behind it.
My next card is a tent card and I tried some color blocking- fun fun!
Lastly I made a Gate Fold card- by folding the A2 flap back over itself and got to play with my Stampin' Around wheel. I bought the handle and a BUNCH of wheels a couple of years ago- but unfortunatly most of them are retired :( (oh well- that just means I get to buy more :D right???)
So I have NEVER been this addicted to card making before. I have always loved it, but would wait until I had a reason (and even then- it was usually late so I'd forget about it). Now I don't even bother with a reason and just go hard :) who knows? maybe I can even fullfill my long time resolution of having cards on hand for anyone's celebration ;) That would be awesome!
So thanks for stopping by and checking out my samples- until next time:
~Brandie~

No comments: