Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Birthday Box

Hey crafters- happy Tuesday!
SO this is the SECOND time I have to write this- lol! I have to use a different browser for my blogging aaaaaaaaand I forgot this time :/
SO anyways, my daughter went to a 'spa' birthday party this past weekend and I went to Wal Mart to get a few mini spa items for a birthday gift. They were cute, but with my realitivly small budget and the items themselves being small, I wanted to make something to put them in to really make it special.
So I scoured the files of www.splitcoaststampers.com and found the perfect tutorial for this box (resources>>Maria's Treat Box). It was simple, only took 1 sheet of 11x8.5 (cut to size) cardstock and some embellishments and DSP.

There was actually 3 packs of face masks as well- but I wanted to showcase the back of the box, also 3 mini nailpolishes that are too small to be seen :) I wasn't THAT cheap- lol! The box was actually a good size- it fit a nice bunch of goodies inside without being overwhelmed. The great thing about Stampin' Up! cardstock is that it is SO sturdy, yet easy to work with. So you can fold it and it's not resistant, at the same time it can go from making cards to doing 3D projects that are made to last a while. So not only does my daughter's friend have a cute little package for her gift, she has a keep sake for trinkets after the party is done.
So I used Chocolate Chip CS for the base of the card and the box (directions are on splitcoaststampers under Maria's Treat box - video tutorial and everything- WOOT!) I used the pink DSP found in my subtles DSP pack (I LOVE it! I need to replace very soon!)
I also used Flight of the Butterfly Stamp set and XL Butterfly Punch ( I WILL be getting more stamps in the future- and using some of the other ones I have- I promise! lol!) As well as the LIVE LAUGH LOVE stamp set and On Your Birthday set.
For any followers of my blog, you know that I LOVE bling and have been avoiding it as I want to only use Stampin' Up stuff exclusivly for the most part- but not to fear- I do plan on getting their Glitter (I heard it was AWESOME!) and embossing powder and such and I'll be back to being a glitter fiend in no time ;) to fill my need for all things sparkley, I used their Pearl Basics embellishments. They are actually really pretty in person and have a variety of sizes in 1 package.
So that's it for me for today- I hope I inspired you :)
~Brandie~

No comments: