Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Dragon Power

Hello again!
I hope summer is treating you all well. The older I get I realize that the days are long but the years are oh-so-short. We're already half way (almost) done July. And I have already got my plans going for the 2018 Christmas Tradeshow season. So I've been cooling down at my desk with stamps of snowflakes, skating, elves and more. Though it's hard to be inspired when it's so hot and all you can think about is cool drinks and BBQing. So I may sneak some bright fun colorful cards into my Christmas prep.
I got these cuties last Christmas as a gift from my hubby. I would say he knows me so well- but lets face it, I give him a list and he gets a few things from said list ;) These guys are Hot Stuff from a company called Clearly Besotted. I ADORE their images. They are clearly adorable and perfect for birthday or baby.


 I paired the dragons with the Brick Wall embossing folder from Stampin' Up! and then inked it in Smokey Slate to make it look like brick from a castle. The castle in the back is from Happily Ever After from the Greeting Farm. The banners are also from Stampin' Up!
To create dimension on the card, I used a label framelit and cut a window in the brick and then adhered it with dimensionals over the background image.

I used Ranger's ink dabbers to create the scene in the background. That's been a new technique of mine and I guarantee you'll be seeing more of this in the future. It's really simple :)

I love the story book feel of the card in doing the sponged background, then adhering the pieces on with stampin' dimensionals.

Then, as always, I brought the outside of the card in to tie the entire theme together, using an old Stampin' Up! birthday sentiment set to finish the card off.

Stay tuned for more story book cards in the future! Thanks for stopping by.

~Brandie~


No comments: