Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Christmas

Not a very original title, I know. I also know it's been well over a year since I have blogged. I have been meaning to, desiring to, it's just I never seem to have the time. Since last year I have ventured from dayhome provider to part time worker, to 2 part time jobs to full time employee. Trying to adjust to that after a decade of being a homemaker only and still trying to make my little home business a priority plus everything that needs to be done on the home front leaves precious little time for my hobby of writing.

But that's not to say I have not been busy crafting up a storm! I have dabbled in the trade show circut and have decided it's just not for me. I loved meeting new people and have had fun networking, but the payout from table fees to making sure I have items to sell with what I earn from them is just unbalanced. I sold 2 packs of cards in 4 hours at the most recent, but was able to post the left overs on line and sell out in mere hours. Mostly from friends and family- so that's okay :) A lot of my friends are other direct sellers with various companies so it's a great way to expand and get my name out there to other markets I hadn't considered.

So here are some samples of things I whipped up just for the show.
 All of the stamps I used ARE older and retired (mostly). It's been a tough year getting back into my Stampin' Up! but after this season I really want to make 2015 more of an SU! focused year. I am so proud of my little business and this coming April will mark 4 years as a demonstrator. It's been tough and I haven't yet reached goals that I have wanted to reach- but I am getting there!
 I did want to stray away from typical fold cards so most of the ones I did were a real hit as they were folded or cut in unique ways. I loved using the SU! labels collection to create this swing card. The paper is old stock from last year- I can't remember what it was called but it was postage themed. I loved the colours and thought they could be very festive. Another thing I have enjoyed doing is using double stick adhesive strips in lines on my projects and rubbing glitter over it.
No despite what it may look like- the little Gingerbread men cards are NOT side step cards (though I am thinking I am going to have to try it!) I just scored a 5.5x4.25 piece of paper in half and then added blocks up from the bottom to create a neat visual effect. The little man is from Pink Cat Studio and I had so much fun using my SU! Blendabilities creating the coloring. In fact, I used those puppies so much this season that I am now in need of a new Crumb Cake and Cherry Cobbler set!
On the note of Blendabilities, I simply cannot WAIT for SaleABration- but that's all I am going to say about that ;)
The last card was created using vellum for the front. Now, I tell all my customers how much I love Stampin' Up! cardstock compared to big box store CS. The difference in quality is obvious- SU! card stock is tougher (in a good way) and able to uphold in different card forms as well as being used for 3D projects. It's never let me down! The reason I am stating that is that I have recently bought vellum from Stampin' Up! and it's the same thing. Stronger, better quality. I am proud to be part of a company that has such quality products. Anyways- using vellum for my card fronts and finishing them off with an old Stampin' Around Wheel (wish they'd bring those puppies back!), Adorning  Edgelits dies, ribbon and Scentsational Season stamps and dies finish off this card in a fun, yummy way.

So that's what I have been up to recently. Hoping to keep up on this thing is another goal (I know I know- I have said THAT before) but being part of my business it is a valuable tool to reach out to all the other stampers out there!

Thanks for visiting,

Brandie

No comments: